Hypnotherapy for Depression
Depression is an extremely debilitating illness which affects not only the individual, but also their family, their friends, their employment, their self esteem, and ultimately, restricts the enjoyment of their life.
Many people with depression go through life without seeking help, believing that depression is just 'part of them', but in truth, depression is very treatable.
People with depression often feel that they are 'alone', whereas in-fact this is far from the case, with as many as one in six people suffering with some form of depression at some point in their lives.
The Symptoms of Depression
Although there are many different types of depression, and indeed, many different intensities of the symptoms of depression, there are some common symptoms of depression and depressive illness:
- Consistent feelings of sadness, loneliness or tension.
- A reduction in feelings of pleasure associated with activities that have brought pleasure in the past.
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
- A change in sleeping patterns: increased sleep, inability to go to sleep, or constant or early waking.
- Lethargy, feeling tired all the time, and having less energy.
- Decreased ability to concentrate or remember.
- Increased pessimistic thoughts.
- A reduction in decision making skills
- Feeling worthless, ashamed, guilty or having a decrease in the level of self-worth or self-esteem.
- An unexplained feeling of restlessness.
- Suicidal thoughts
The sufferer is sometimes unaware of the reasons for depression or even unaware of what is really causing problems deep down. Sometimes depression is a natural, instinctive period of mourning, or nursing of pain, the 'comfort zone' of inactivity seeming preferable to the world of action, to the effort of action. Things seem pointless, hopeless and in deeper depression nothing seems interesting or inspiring except for the gratification of basic animal functions such as desire for food - even these can be affected.
With the help of techniques such as NLP, Hypnotherapy and Time Line Therapy, the parts of the mind that are causing the depression can be helped to come to terms with matters and can be persuaded to release all the old feelings of wellbeing, contentment and enthusiasm; they are still there, deep down, blocked by what has happened, or by disappointment, waiting to be released.
To discuss whether hypnotherapy could help you, or to make a booking,
call now on 07508 358220 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org